The world is only origami because there's time for everything except the things worth doing. If I spend all my time concerned with the problems of the world I might end up going insane and start having an appreciation of Andy Warhol's art. (Bad jokes aside) I think that the best path for me to take is a simple one fold at a time. One day I will make something, what, who knows, for now, left corner to right.

Monday, November 29, 2010

All the Angels I Know Put Concrete in My Veins.

Have I been the only one that noticed a back-clash against the Church of Europe after WWI? I noticed this when I was working on the project and looking at the thoughts of Nietzsche and Freud. Both have a negative view of the Church. I was wondering where these anti-church views originated from. It could be that as science advanced religion started to become obsolete like with Darwin. Or it could have been from the extreme tragedy that was WW1. But the views was a common one that god/religion is now dead after WW1. What killed God? 

1 comment:

  1. There were a lot of factors, but I think more than anything WWI caused people to rethink EVERYTHING. Everything they had known to be true their whole lives led the world to terrible tragedy. Science and the arts certainly led this movement, and the millions of war veterans and widows who were frustrated with the traditional sources of power caused the world to follow.

    ReplyDelete